This is certainly a great list!
If you have not seen this film by Viva La Dirt League make sure you do, as it is an epic masterpiece!
The Dream Machine is an award-winning point & click adventure game about exploring other people’s dreams. It’s built by hand using materials such as clay, cardboard & broccoli.
In Chapter 1 you play Victor Neff, the husband of a young couple who’ve just moved into a new apartment. While trying to get settled in you discover that all is not as it seems in the quiet, unassuming apartment building…
In Chapter 2, Victor goes to confront the landlord, Mr. Morton, only to find his apartment empty. Can Victor find the elusive landlord in time and is there more to Mr. Morton than meets the eye?
- World: Explore a creepy apartment complex and uncover the mysteries within. Get to know your neighbors and discover their secrets.
- Story: Delve into the minds of strangers and loved ones as you’re trying to save them from The Dream Machine.
- Graphics: Wander around beautifully detailed environments built using physical clay models and hand-crafted sets.
- Puzzles: In order to progress you have to solve puzzles ranging from simple pushovers to fiendish brainteasers.
- Music: A haunting original soundtrack weaves through the narrative, emphasizing the surreal atmosphere of the game.
Guide Gnome across the dangers of this twisted fairytale world. Can you break the make the annoying cloud go away? And recover his stolen Lucky Hat? Trust your friends? Find out in this, a casual platformer set in a beautiful painted world full of weird creatures you’ll have to deal with.
Easy levels were seemingly too short. In this patch they have extended every single Easy level to at least Normal length, extended 11 Normal (and thus Easy) levels to the length of Hard levels. Overall there should be more content for players who aren’t chasing mastery of SRXD, but want to chill and have fun. They feel this is a happy medium between full length charts for every difficulty (over half our charts are around 4 minutes or longer) and some of the current Easy levels which were only around a single minute of gameplay.
SCORING SYSTEM OVERHAUL
The scoring system has had a complete overhaul.
- To make sure there is score differentiation at the top of the leaderboards
- To make it so that notes have a more balanced value relative to their skill required to execute
- To make it so that missing a note doesn’t lose you a disproportionate amount of score depending on when you failed
- To improve competitive (tournament) SRXD play
There have been many frustrations with the difficulty of SRXD. People of all skill levels complain about the transitions between Easy to Normal, Normal to Hard and so on being too tough. Their team agrees, so they played through every single level in order multiple times and made some serious changes to the design of most of SRXD levels.
If you find any jank please let them know in their Discord channel.
For full details take a look at their full patch notes here.
The Metroid Prime series is wonderful, but there’s something about the classic 2D exploration the FPS games lacked. The two schools of thought are merged in Prime 2D, a completely free fangame that turns Metroid Prime into a modern roguelike game.
The first demo was posted on the team’s forums, originally as an April fools joke, before being switched out for the real thing. You can visit several locations, from the Tallon Overworld, to the Chozo ruins, and Artifact Temple, absorbing the atmosphere of the beautifully lush pixel art jungles, and strikingly barren landscapes. If nothing else, developer Team SCU has a strong handle on the slight alien feel the series is known for.
Controls take a bit of getting used to, because there’s no tutorial or way to view them, but the general keys are as follows: A/D – move left/right, S – crouch, Q – scan visor, space – jump, mouse to aim, left-click shoot, right-click scan. Pressing S twice goes into morph ball, and that’s mostly it. Aiming and shooting uses full rotation, and according to Metroid Database, if you play and finish, there’s something post-credits.
It was already clear Loop Hero was a hit on Steam, and now we know just how much of a hit. The Dungeons and Dragons-inspired RPG game, published by Devolver Digital and developed by Four Quarters, has ascended to the number two spot on this week’s Steam top sellers list.
By taking the second spot, below the unflappable Valheim, this means the top two games in terms of cumulative revenue for the last week on Valve’s store are indie games, no small feat when you consider some other entries. Looter-shooter action-adventure gameOutriders has risen, seventh to fifth, meaning the demo that’s available is clearly doing something right. Hades, the smash hit roguelike game that was one of our games of the year 2020, has returned to the list, currently sporting a 20% discount to attract new players.
Tale of Immortal, a Chinese open-world game that’s been a regular on the chart of late, has dropped from third to sixth. The devs there are celebrating selling 1.8 million copies in a month by doubling down on an English translation. More DnD action, Baldur’s Gate 3 moves up a step too, from ninth to eighth, and a free weekend has given Dying Light a boon. Deep Rock Galactic and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive round out the individual games, at fourth and ninth, respectively.
Missing Eorzea? Return to FFXIV until March 31 and receive up to four days of playtime!
The Patch 5.4 series presents a plethora of new challenges to our players, and in the hope that would-be adventurers can experience all that FFXIV has to offer, we are pleased to announce the latest Free Login Campaign!
- Users who have previously purchased and registered FINAL FANTASY XIV.
- All registered service accounts must be set as inactive during the campaign period.
- Registered service account must have been inactive for at least thirty days.
* Details of service accounts can be confirmed via the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.
From Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) / 8:00 (GMT)
to Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 7:59 a.m. (PDT) / 14:59 (GMT) / 15:59 (BST)
* Please note that a subscription to FFXIV is required to continue playing after the event period.
Black Desert Online is a sandbox, living-world MMORPG. Experience fast-paced, action-packed combat, hunt monsters and huge bosses, fight with friends in a guild to siege nodes and conquer castles, train your life skills such as fishing, trading, crafting, cooking, and much more!